You have the opportunity to join an organisation specialising in cutting edge scientific research as a Senior Health, Safety and Environment Advisor. The position will be based in Nottingham with some infrequent travel to sites in Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast.
As the Senior Health and Safety Advisor you will be responsible for a diverse range of duties. These will include, promoting and ensuring best practice and compliance with the organisations current safety systems, keeping up to date with health and safety legislation, providing health and safety advice to managers, risk assessments, training, fire safety, liaising with external bodies and health and safety in regards to laboratories, research and fieldwork.
You should have:
- Experience in a health and safety position within a high risk industry eg. manufacturing, engineering, laboratories, chemical/biological research
- a NEBOSH certificate as minimum
- a scientific or research background/qualification
- ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- the ability to influence people by building strong relationships
You will receive a basic salary of up to 38,000 (dependent on qualification and experience), 30 days annual leave, plus 10.5 public and privilege days, flexible working and a generous pension scheme.