LONG TERM WITH POSSIBILITY FOR PERMANENT
The Education Network is looking for a Level 3 Teaching Assistant to work within an Alternative Provision based in Smethwick. The school is based just out of the city centre and has excellent bus and rail transport across Kitts Green, Marston Green, Saltley and Alum Rock.
The school caters for children with Special Educational and Behavioural Difficulties aged between 10 and 16. The school has small class sizes with at least one Teaching Assistant per class. The school uses a combination of direct instruction, small group work and 1-2-1 tutoring to support each child as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 6 months experience as a Teaching Assistant
- Previous experience within an alternative provision setting
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- Recent experience working with students with challenging behaviour
- Team Teach qualification - issued in the last 12 months.
In return you will receive:
- Highly competitive rates
- The opportunity to work within a ‘Good’ rated school
- A supportive work environment
- Opportunities for permanent employment
- Experienced education consultants offering career guidance and support.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and successful applications will be subject to an enhanced DBS. Education Network is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to stringent checks including referencing and an enhanced DBS check. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.