LONG TERM, POSSIBILITY FOR PERMENANT.
We are looking for a Level 3 Teaching Assistant to work within a Special Educational Needs setting within Kitts Green. The school has excellent transport links and is easily accessible from Smethwick, Marston Green, Saltley and Alum Rock.
The 'Good' rated school caters for children between 11 and 19 years of age, with excellent leadership and teacher support. The Teaching Assistant will be working in conduction with dynamic and supportive class teachers providing support across all core subjects and will also take part in sport and outdoor lessons. The Teaching Assistant will be working within small groups and also 1:1 depending on individual needs. The children suffer with a range of Special Educational Needs including SLD, PMLD and Challenging Behaviour.
This unique opportunity will allow the Teaching Assistant to provide the pupils with a challenging curriculum as well as increase a pupil's confidence, self-discipline and independence.
The Teaching Assistant will have:
- A Level 3 NVQ Teaching Assistant Qualification
- A Team Teach qualification issued within the last 12 months
- Previous experience within a special educational needs setting
- A keen interest in sports and assisting sports lessons
- A firm but friendly approach
- Excellent behaviour management skills.
In return you will enjoy:
- Good rates of pay
- Holiday pay
- Working within an Ofsted rated 'Good' setting with opportunities to partake in all sports and outdoor lessons
- Strong leadership and support from management and class teachers
- Opportunities for professional development.
As we expect this position to be highly sought after, we advise only teaching assistants to apply, and successful applicants will be contacted within 2 days.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.