We are currently recruiting an experienced Chemical Engineer to join a well established manufacturing facility in North Lanarkshire for a 12 month contract.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with the right skills and experience to further their career and work with a reputable organisation operating in the FMCG industry.
1. Formulate, assess and recommend process designs and improvements to improve product and process performance and safety, ensure compliance with all relevant standards and legislation, and justifying the proposals on a financial basis.
2. Help to define, plan, and organise all aspects of a project including financial evaluation, control of budgets and timescales to meet the stated objectives of that project.
3. Assist in the specification of all items of plant equipment required for a project, and be able to offer advice to others on plant selection and specification.
4. Perform commissioning and testing of new plant or systems, assessing their suitability for their stated purpose, and monitoring the performance once the system is live.
5. Plan and implement system and process training, on both new and modified plant.
6. Supervise and control any external contractors that are utilised both on and off site during project life cycles to ensure that they are working to timescales, budgets and design criteria.
7. Responsible for compiling and maintaining the Project File, including Risk assessments, drawings, training, and handover.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Should be educated to Degree level in Chemical Engineering, or have 3+ years of experience within the process industries.
Must be familiar with Risk Assessment methods, and should have a good grounding in HAZOP techniques.
Should have working knowledge of the regulations on COSHH, CDM, and the Pressure Equipment Directive.
Should have good all round project management skills, and be able to ensure completion of multiple concurrent projects within the stated boundaries of cost and time.
If you have the above skills and experience and would like to hear more about this opportunity, please get in touch now by hitting apply or sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org