Cover Supervisors wanted to work in schools across the South Durham area.
We are currently recruiting Cover Supervisors to work in Secondary schools in the South Durham area. Do you have classroom experience, experience of working with children 11-16yrs and/or an in depth knowledge of any secondary school subjects? Are you looking to further your career in education? Would you like to be able choose which days you work and the schools that you work in?
We currently have a high demand for flexible, part time and full time cover supervisor staff ready for immediate start. We are therefore looking to recruit temporary staff but we also would be interested in those who are looking to build a long term career in teaching and would like to gain further school based experience before starting a PGCE/ GTP program for schools in the South Durham area.
A cover supervisor is a non-teaching member of staff, responsible for the following:
- Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policies.
- Managing the behavior of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment.
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures.
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures.
- Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate using the school's agreed referral procedures on the behavior of pupils during the class and any issues arising.
There are currently no specific qualifications required for the role of cover supervisor however; cover supervision is a responsible role so applicants must have the necessary skills and knowledge to be given charge of a class.
In general terms, those undertaking cover supervision should:
- Be familiar with the full range of school policies, particularly those regarding health and safety, equal opportunity issues and special educational needs (SEN)
- Have the necessary skills to manage safely classroom activities, the physical learning space and resources for which they are responsible
- Understand and be able to use a range of strategies to deal with classroom behavior as whole and also individual behavioral needs
Posts are subject to Enhanced Disclosure Procedures and references. The Education Network is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.