A client of ours', a well-established Architectural Practice based near Oxford is looking for a RIBA Chartered Senior Architect with 3 years+ post qualification experience.
Key purpose of job
To deliver all aspects of Architectural services (RIBA Work Stages 1-7) including the supervision of the work of others undertaken in the office.
Key job responsibilities
- Assisting the partners and associates in the preparation of fee proposals.
- Assessing client/user needs and assisting with the development of clients/user briefs.
- Preparation of feasibility studies.
- Scheme design from initial concepts to preparing planning drawings
- Pre-Application discussions with Local Planning Authority Officials where required.
- Submission of Planning/Listed Building Consent applications, liaison with Officials
- Detailed design work including the preparation and submission of Building Regulation drawing packages, the preparation of working drawing/production information and tender packages, specification writing (using NBS specification) including the supervision of others engaged in this work.
- Ability to lead the design process including the management and direction of other members of staff and coordination of other design team members, consultants and contractors.
- Tender action, contract documents and contract administration, including site inspections, throughout the construction phase of projects particularly those following traditional procurement routes.
- Ability to advise others in the office upon matter matters of contract.
- Assessing/checking outside consultants, manufacturers and suppliers work and integration within design.
- Evaluating and advising upon environmental and regulatory requirements of construction.
- To be aware of and promote opportunities to incorporate sustainable design measure within design work.
- To be aware of new and evolving construction technologies.
- Maintaining cost control in accordance with client brief and budget throughout all work-stages.
- Maintaining profitability of projects undertaken within the office.
- Design stage risk assessments.
- Condition, measured, levels and photographic surveys.
- Design and Access Statements
- Maintain membership of the RIBA and registration with ARB.
- Maintain a programme of CPD in line with RIBA requirements