Job Description: Infrastructure Design Engineer – Derby
RGB Network have come across a multi-disciplinary consultancy firm who are currently seeking a Civil Infrastructure Design Engineer to come and join their growing team and assist them with their increasing number of projects.
The consultancy offers a varied and interesting workload ranging from projects that involve; Residential, Commercial, Highways and Bridges developments. The successful Infrastructure Design Engineer with direct mentoring from an experienced line manager within a supportive team.
This is a client facing role, and consequently we require a candidate with excellent communication skills. The successful candidate would a good grounding in a range of civil engineering work (drainage, highways etc) and a desire to develop their skills across other disciplines.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Providing technical input and ensuring quality of work output on projects requiring detailed Highway Design and Drainage Design.
- Obtaining section agreements for highways and drainage works
- Report writing.
- Managing small projects autonomously, with support from a Senior Engineer.
- To liaise with the client as required to obtain information on project work.
Candidates should also meet some or all of the following criteria:
- Experience with a range of relevant software packages including Micro drainage, PDS or Civils 3d.
- An understanding of Section 104 and 106.
- An understanding of Section 38 and 278.
- Ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to liaise directly with clients and with other consultants/suppliers.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to support project-related discussions.
- Ability to self-direct on small projects, and seek support as required on larger projects.
- Commitment to producing high quality work and to promoting the reputation of the company.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
Salary: 25,000 to £35,000 (depending on level of experience).
If you are interested in this or other positions then please feel free to contact Parvez Miah at RGB Network by emailing email@example.com