Intermediate and Senior Level Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Stratford and occasionally Basingstoke, Hampshire
Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:00
Salary Range: £40k - £60k
The role will be ofice based in Stratford however youw ill be required to occasionally travel to Basingstoke.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business at the early stages and help develop the direction of our company. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress their career and share in the growth and success of the business.
We are a Building Services Consulting Engineering practise based in Basingstoke, and specialise in design services, expertise and advice in various sectors, such as transportation (rail), education, high end residential and health care. Our designs must be buildable, energy efficient, compliant and above all safe.
The successful candidate(s) would be able to provide effective designs, conduct surveys, prepare feasibility reports, specifications, provide site supervision and management of electrical services installations, following health and safety, QA and environmental policies and procedures.
He/she should be able to demonstrate proven experience in similar roles. Experience within the rail sector would be an advantage but this is not essential.
Intermediate Electrical Engineer
Supporting the Principal Engineer and working within an effective team to ensure that project briefs and requirements are met, this role would suit someone aspiring to move from the Intermediate to a senior position.
- Preparing AutoCAD drawings (Autodesk) in accordance with company CAD standards and design calculations using industry leading software such as Amtech and Relux.
- Assist in preparing reports such as feasibility studies, design reports, specifications and contract administration following Quality Assurance and Health and Safety procedures and company administration policies.
- You will need to maintain an up to date knowledge of current standards and legislation.
- Attending site surveys and client meetings with our Principal Engineer.
- You will need to implement technical standards and support the business development. Compliance with CDM Regulations must be ensured.
Senior Electrical Engineer
- In addition to the responsibilities outlined for the intermediate role, the senior position entails undertaking detailed site surveys and design reviews.
- An understanding of engineering systems and the ability to report on both mechanical and electrical disciplines during meetings is essential. Also, being proactive in business development.
- You would need an appreciation of contract administration, project management and site supervision/inspections and assist with the financial control of project(s) liaising with Project Director.
Skills and Experience
Intermediate / Senior Electrical Engineer
Both roles will require:
- Proficiency in Relux, Amtech and AutoCAD.
- Experience with REVIT would be advantageous.
- 3+/ 6+ years experience (Intermediate/Senior), ideally including rail sector.
- Minimum HND/HNC (Electrical bias) – ideally Degree qualified (relevant).
- Ability to undertake electrical designs from inception to completion, sometimes within tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ideally being able to mentor and assist the graduate engineers.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare specifications/schedules (Using NES).
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office.
- CEng qualified or working towards CEng.
- Appropriate membership of professional body, i.e. CIBSE, IET.
- Full UK driving license.
PLEASE CONTACT SEAN HITCHMAN ON 020 7932 2800 / email@example.com