Role: Intermediate and Senior Level Mechanical Engineer
Location: Stratford and occasionally Basingstoke, Hampshire
Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:00
Salary Range: £40k - £60k
The role will be based in Stratford however you will be required to occasionally travel to Basingstoke.
We are a Building Services Consulting Engineering practise based in Basingstoke, and specialise in design services, expertise and advice in various sectors, such as transportation (rail), education, high end residential and health care.
The successful candidate would be able to provide effective designs, conduct surveys, prepare feasibility reports, specifications, provide site supervision and management of mechanical services installations, following health and safety, QA and environmental policies and procedures.
He/she should be able to demonstrate proven experience in similar roles. Experience within the rail sector would be an advantage but this is not essential.
Supporting the Managing Director and Principal Engineer and working within an effective team to ensure that project briefs and requirements are met.
Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
- Preparing AutoCAD drawings in accordance with company CAD standards and design calculations using industry leading software.
- Assist in preparing reports such as feasibility studies, design reports, specifications and contract administration following Quality Assurance and Health and Safety procedures and company administration policies.
- You will need to maintain an up to date knowledge of current standards and legislation.
- Attending site surveys and client meetings.
- You will need to implement technical standards and support the business development. Compliance with CDM Regulations must be ensured.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
In addition to the responsibilities outlined for the intermediate role, the senior position entails undertaking detailed site surveys and design reviews.
- An understanding of engineering systems and the ability to report on both mechanical and electrical disciplines during meetings is essential. Also, being proactive in business development.
- You would need an appreciation of contract administration, project management and site supervision/inspections and assist with the financial control of project(s) liaising with Project Director.
Skills and Experience
Intermediate / Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Both roles will require:
- Proficiency in 2D and3D CAD packages such as Revit MEP and AutoCAD.
- Experience of IES modelling software would be advantageous (but not essential).
- 3+/ 6+ years’ experience (Intermediate/Senior).
- Minimum HND/HNC (Mechanical bias) – ideally Degree qualified (relevant).
- Ability to undertake mechanical designs from inception to completion, sometimes within tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ideally being able to mentor and assist the graduate engineers.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare specifications/schedules (Using NES).
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office.
- CEng qualified or working towards CEng.
- Appropriate membership of professional body, i.e. CIBSE, IMECHE.
- Full UK driving license.
Please contact Sean Hitchman on 020 7932 2800 / email@example.com