We have a fantastic opportunity for a Chef Manager to join our dynamic team at Astro Café in Uxbridge, London. A passion for fresh food, an eye for detail and a firm but fair management style is key to this post. Strong craft skills are essential.
- You will be responsible for overseeing all operations, manage and deliver an excellent catering service through ensuring the team provide great food and excellent customer service
- You need to be commercially aware, with the presence and personality to influence the day-to-day business
- Planning of menus and influencing product offerings
- Managing all financial aspects of the business, P&L/GP
- In charge of stock takes and stock audits
- Training and development of staff members
- Adherence to Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Policies and Procedures
- Acts as a liaison between the café and all other departments, communicating relevant information to the café staff as needed
- To ensure that all financial procedures are carried out correctly
- Monitor and manage all maintenance issues
- Management of a small team and temporary staff where appropriate
- Organisation of events from initial enquiry to the day of event
The Ideal Candidate will have be
Previous experience in a similar role
Knowledge of catering and retail
Financially astute and cost aware
Excellent management skills to develop a team
Working with/organising corporate and private events
Motivated to deliver consistent high standards of food and service quality
Highly customer focused with good communication skills and a great team worker.
A 'can-do' attitude
Salary: £25,000 per year. This role will be a full time permanent position, working 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday. You will be required to work occasional weekends to meet business needs.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check the cost of which will be borne by the company
If this exciting position seems like the ideal role for you, please apply now!