Estimator required for this main contractor, to work on commercial fit out projects, based in Richmond.
The Estimator would be working on tenders to start with in the first instance.
Estimators must be self-starters, good forward planners and are often required to make judgements/assessments in relation to budget costs from limited information. As an estimator you would work closely with other professionals including construction managers, planners and design teams, so team working skills are essential.
You will be capable to do the following
- researching materials, equipment, transport and labour costs
- collecting quotes from materials suppliers and sub-contractors
- helping plan job timescales
- assessing the levels of risk on a project
- analyzing company data, exchange rates and prices
- preparing and submitting quotations and cost summaries for work
- helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities
- monitoring the stages of a project to make sure costs are kept in line with forecasts
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
- Prepares construction budget by studying home plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
- Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
You would be able send over to a tender cost-plan excel spreadsheet documents example showing the 3 tenderers in each “genre” with your cost sum analysis and overall recommendations and reasons why etc
You will have been an estimator from a main contractor or commercial fit out contractor, with extensive experience of Commercial Fit Out, Traditional Build and/or Design & Build projects.