Sheridan Maine is recruiting for an experienced Credit controller with a finance background to join a fast accountancy practice in Birmingham.
Sheridan Maine is thrilled to share a fantastic opportunity that is on offer at a SME sized business. Our Client is recruiting due to expansion and wants an established Credit Controller to work with the accounts team to help control the ledger and general accounting duties.
As the Credit Controller your duties will be to provide timely cash collection and general credit management in a retail based business to business organisation. You will also be assisting with elements of payroll and bank reconciliations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of portfolio’s, clients, ledgers and general debt reduction
- Gernal ad hoc finance duties
- Organising, Updating and logging
- Building and maintaining frequent contact with peers clients and suppliers
- Dealing with queries
- Offering excellent customer service
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate determination to go above and beyond in supporting growth with a passion for debt reduction.
- Effective Communication and negotiating skills with clients on credit control issues
- Surpass customer expectations by sensitively negotiating ways of reducing debts to satisfy both parties
- The ability to make decisions about priorities and tasks anticipating likely difficulties and making contingency plans to recover debts
- Determination to set and meet specific targets
- AAT or Accounts Assistant background ideal
- Credit Control background essential
- Confidence and ability to follow up and deal with Issues and situations
What is on offer?
Up to 23,000k
This business has consistently grown and is expanding due to success. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation, the right candidate will have a lot of freedom to implement good practices and procedures picked up in previous experience and potential progression for the future.