Sheridan Maine is recruiting for a Credit Controller to join a Market leading International distribution business in Nottingham on a permanent basis.
Sheridan Maine is thrilled to share a fantastic opportunity that is on offer at an organisation in the Manufacturing sector. Our client is the UK market leader in its field and has experienced rapid growth due to success.
As the Credit Controller your Duties will include working as part of a team managing and dealing with Cash Collection, Allocation, New Account processing and query resolution, liaising with our salesforce and distribution centre. This business is known for providing excelent training and support with a track record of developing staff. Initially starting as a temp the right candidate will be considered for a permanent role after an initiation period.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of portfolio’s, clients, ledgers and general debt reduction.
- Building and maintaining frequent contact with peers clients and suppliers.
- General Credit control duties including cash collection and debt recovery.
- New account processing and Progress individual customer debts, primarily by telephone, but also by letter/statement or other communication as appropriate. You will need to:
- Liaise with other departments such as the sales and despatch office.
- Maintain a record for each customer of contact made.
- Refer more difficult debts and planned delivery issues to group financial controller, export director or financial director.
- You may also need to pass debts for collection when all in-house actions have been exhausted.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate Determination to go above and beyond with a passion for debt reduction. Requirements include;
- Numerate, literate, and well spoken
- Well organised and methodical with the ability to work under pressure at times
- Confident, tenacious with good persuasive communication skills and the ability to negotiate
- Have previous credit control experience – ideally two years, or one year in credit control and one as a sales ledger accounts clerk
- Experience of debit note systems and credit insurance is desirable
- IT literate with systems experience with reasonable excel skills
- Flexible, hardworking and honest individual who can work as part of a team
What is on offer?
Up to £19,000 P/A plus bonus