Sheridan Maine is recruiting for an experienced Finance officer to join property organisation in Walsall on a 3 month temp contract that will potentially go permanent for the right candidate.
Sheridan Maine is thrilled to share a fantastic opportunity that is on offer at a fast growing not for profit organisation. Our Client is recruiting due to expansion and wants an established part qualified Finance assistant to work with the accounts team to help control the ledgers and produce budgets and reports.
As the Senior finance assistant your duties will be to provide and general bookkeeping duties, Purchase and sales ledger You will also be assisting with payroll and bank reconciliations and month end VAT.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain the finance systems
- Ensure that the quality of the service given to all customers is the highest possible
- Purchase ledger
- Query resolution
- Prepare monthly VAT return and relevant papers
- Credit Control and Reconciliations
- Analysis and preparation of financial information
- Policy and process implementation
- Provide leave cover for colleagues within the Finance Team
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate determination to go above and beyond in supporting growth and a keen eye for analysis.
- Part professional CCAB
- Experience in purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll and treasury management.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyse and present complex data
- Excel at an intermediate or advanced level and Word
- Able to understand complex financial information and business processes and systems.
- Good written communication skills. Strong report writing skills
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and initiative.
What is on offer?
UP to £14.90 p/h
This business has consistently grown and is expanding due to success. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation; the right candidate will have a lot of freedom to implement good practices and procedures picked up in previous experience and potential progression for the role to go permanent.