I am very happy to be representing a market leading consultancy in a request to find a Principal Highways Engineer to lead the Bristol team. The specific duties are lsted below:
- Co-ordination and delivery of profitable and technically sound project work
Meeting budget and other departmental KPIs at a team level, contributing to meeting wider departmental KPIs.
Regular, ongoing dialogue with others – e.g. Seniors, Principals, Associates, Director and Administration staff – to ensure that workload is distributed / undertaken in the most effective way. - Timely reporting of project / office financial information to colleagues on a weekly basis.
- Project set-up and briefing.
- Checking and approval of Senior Consultant, Consultant and Graduate Consultant outputs.
- Mentoring and training of Senior Consultants, Consultants and Graduate Consultants to facilitate their progression in the company.
- Preparation of commercially and technically sound fee quotations.
- Active and co-ordinated work winning and Business Development, leading to a high degree of ‘self-sufficiency’ in terms of winning own work.
- Production of accurate and clear technical engineering drawings (schematic, general arrangement, Transport Assessment / Transport Statement / Travel Plan drawings and, where appropriate, detailed) in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures.
- Ensure quality of delivery when producing or updating CAD drawings to internal and/or client standards.
- Production of preliminary costing information relating to highway infrastructure designs, and also to inform client site due diligence/pre-planning decisions on site feasibility and costings of sustainable transport improvements such as footways and cycleways
- Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of deliverables and record documentation in accordance with company QA procedures, including checking work produced by other members of the team. Leading role with regard to project running, site surveys and inspections.
- Correct implementation of company QA, IMS, (including archiving) and H&S procedures.
- Demonstrate high ability and judgement based on knowledge when preparing drawings.
- Manage all technical aspects of projects under their control.
- Show ability to apply company standards and suggest improvements where necessary.
- Ability to estimate resources required to prepare project related drawings.
- Proactively manage workload, including to external suppliers, in the interests of meeting deadlines.
- Undertake and lead site visits (which may, on occasion, include evenings & weekends) and undertake surveys.
- Work flexibly and lead the work and performance of the team.
- Display understanding of budgets and programmes and operate within them.
- Ability to produce drawings accurately and within constrained timescales, with a high quality of presentation and understand the importance to the company / client relationship.
If you feel that in your current role you demonstrate the above skills and are able to confidently fufill the Job Description then please apply today