A Leading Hotel group that has been present with over 65 hotels in more than 35 destinations on the European market since 2006
Job Description for Reservation Agent
JOB DESCRIPTION: RESERVATION AGENT
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager
Responds to communications from guests, travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations arriving by mail, telephone, telex, cable, fax, or through a central reservation system.
Additional duties may include preparing the list of expected arrivals for the front office, assisting in preregistration activities when appropriate, and processing advance reservation deposits.
Main RESERVATION AGENT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone, telex, cable, fax or central reservation systems referral.
- Knows the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout.
- Knows the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packages plans.
- Knows the credit policy of the hotel and how to code each reservation.
- Creates and maintains reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing.
- Determines room rates based on the selling tactics of the hotel.
- Prepares letters of confirmation.
- Communicates reservation information to the front desk.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk.
- Processes advance deposits on reservations
High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read. Write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace. Must be able to speak and understand the primary language used by the guests who visits the hotel.
Previous hotel-related experience desired. Experience in Hotel software and their functionalities.