I am currently seeking a Principal Highways Engineer within the Cardiff area. The organisation that I am representing is well known throughout the UK as an outstanding company to work for. They have a fantastic staff benefit programme and are highly regarded by candidates and clients. They have recently relocated to new offices and are easily accessible from the M4. This position would be suited to someone that is used to preforming as part of a team and who is able to take natural leadership but still perform as a member of the team. You will need to have experience within the following to be successful with your application:
- You will be responsible for the preparation of feasibility studies, scheme reports, scheme design for highways, drainage, flooding and a variety of other projects.
- You will be responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across the project and for the monitoring of progress.
- You will need to check and approve documentation prepared by others in the team, this will involve short timescales and delivery.
- CEng/IEng and MICE status or equivalent.
- Proven experience of most aspects of highway schemes.
- Thorough understanding of DMRB standards.
- Communication skills (Ability to converse articulately with clients)
- Knowledge of the financial management and control of projects.
- Able to produce well-presented and accurate reports.
- MX/3D Cad proficient, and/or drainage design capabilities (WINDES or equivalent)
In return you will have the opportunity to work for a highly regarded company who prides itself in staff development and rewarding hard work. They value and appreciate each member of the team and work together to promote organic growth within the company and move individuals forward personally and professionally. If this challenge is one in which you wish to pursue please apply today.