Purpose of the role -
- Participate in the preparation, set up and service of the food and bar service areas. Ensuring you provide a high level of efficiency whilst maintaining and improving the Group's standard and quality of service.
- Read and understand the daily business sheet, checking with the duty manager for any additional details.
- Ensure the areas you are responsible for are adequately stocked and appropriately available to meet customers' needs and requirements.
- Ensure the areas of responsibility are kept presentable and tidy.
- Collect and sign for float and keys from Reception, entering cash float on the Float Record Sheet before putting into till.
- Ensure all monies are handled correctly and ensuring that all room/main accounts charges are signed for.
- Ensure that all equipment is correctly cleaned and turned off at the end of the shift ensuring that equipment is in working order.
- At the end of the day ensure that the area you have been responsible for is closed down and cleaned in accordance with the closing down procedure.
- Ensure that when the bar areas are not in use they are securely locked and keys are handed to Reception.
- Complete preparation sheets for delegation of tasks for forthcoming events ensuring that all tasks have been completed prior to event/function.
- Delegation of duties to staff at appropriate times in a positive manner and monitor progress.
- Assist in the departmental induction for all new colleagues and all documentation recorded.
- Assist in the 'on' going training programme.
- Undertake operational management shifts as required and sleepover duties ensuring all Hotel services are provided on time & to the required standard.
Ideal candidate -
- The ideal candidate will be financially aware, an excellent communicator and a hands on operator with exceptional attention to detail and the passion to go the extra mile for our customers.
- Previous experience ideally in a Food & Beverage environment and the proven ability to manage people in a similar role are desirable.
- A competitive salary
- 33 days holiday each year, including bank holidays
- Hotel based incentive schemes
- Voluntary benefits including discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation within the group with colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within both the hotel and the company
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty