Due to significant growth my client are recruiting for an experienced Contracts Supervisor/Lead Engineer to support our Engineering and Contracts Manager teams.
The chosen candidate may be required to work additional hours to ensure works are completed within the time frames allocated.
The purpose of the role will be to work with the companies clients and M&E engineering and fabric staff on site to maintain service delivery and quality of service as per our contract with a pro-active approach.
In addition to working as a fully qualified Heating/ Air-conditioning engineer for the clients of your Contracts Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Provide day to day management, support and assistance to the field based engineers to enable them to complete their daily duties, as well as visiting clients and mobilising contracts.
- Provide technical support and knowledge to engineers within their team.
- To carry out planned maintenance work in accordance with the schedules.
- Attend problematic jobs and resolve issues
- Provide client liaison
- Work alongside the Contracts Manager to produce quotations, reports and carry out audits.
- Price and run Small projects where required
- Carry out audits on other engineers works
- Be involved in conducting regular team meetings
- Help resolve all contract related problems, ensuring KPIs are met and must adhere to the Company's operational and safety standards at all times.
- Supervise and liaise with engineers ensuring efficient and effective completion of planned and reactive jobs, as well as complete the relevant paperwork and/or electronic data.
- You will be expected to attend regular client meetings in order to build a strong customer relationship.
- You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience of dealing with clients at all levels.
- Ensure that all works are managed to achieve client satisfaction at all times
- To ensure that all technical procedures are fully adhered to ensuring compliance with accreditations
- Complete all paperwork accurately and submit on time.
- To ensure that field based engineers adhere to all Health & Safety at Work Regulations and
- To carry out site inspection and compliance visits to ensure that operatives comply with all
Perform to agreed KPIs for the role
A minimum of 1 / 2 years experience in a similar role although engineers without experience will be considered Supervisory experience and knowledge of running contracts.
IT literate – able to use MS office and outlook. Be able to create and use spreadsheets and use of our PPM system will be required (note a laptop will be issued)
In date Commercial and Domestic Gas qualifications (min shown below)/ Refcom registered
Able to demonstrate excellent technical knowledge of the Gas Safety Installation Use Regulations 1998
Ability to communicate with and manage field based workforce
Results and customer service focused
Current clean driving license
Confidence to work across all levels of the business
Available to work overtime should it be required
Take responsibility – for tasks and responsibilities where as an individual or as part of the Engineering Management team
Has commercial awareness, needs to be able to maximise profits and minimise costs
Can demonstrate strong communication and organisational skills
Strong Problem solving and Technical Skills
Engineer assessments and Tool box talks
Carrying out quality control checks and pre and post inspections.
Producing regular technical reports for clients / quotations
The ability to prioritise workload
Basic Salary of 39,000.00 to £41,000.00
Working hours Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
Inclusion on the callout rota as an engineer and a callout manager
25 days holiday
Company Vehicle, mobile phone and laptop
Pension scheme available
Healthcare scheme available after two years
Progression and training available
This position is also subject to a DBS disclosure.
Regular commitment for overtime (min 2 Saturdays per month)