Our client, along established engineering company, is looking for a Welding Supervisor to jopin their team at their production factory in Blackburn.
The candidate will be planning, managing, and optimising the activities of the welding department in order to safely produce qualityproducts in the most efficient manner possible.
Key Roles and Responsibilties:
- Ensuring the quality, productivity, safety, and house-keeping of the welding area
- Allocate required jobs and performance requirements to the welding team
- Liaising with the production manager to maximize efficiency, quality and customer satisfaction
- Liaising with the production manager on timings of samples on new and ongoing jobs
- Develop welding procedures
- Provide root cause analysis and execute corrective action plans
- Act as a technical resource
- Maintain records, inspection results, and performance documentation
- Ensure quantities are adhered to.
- Initiate Implement and drive change where improvements are needed
- Ensure production is considerate of Health & Safety
- Monitor and advise management when training plans are needed / required to ensure a multi-skilled work force.
- Report any issues from changeover of day/night shifts.
- Ability to demonstrate the proper use of common welding processes
- Ability to interpret welding symbols and technical drawings
- Strong leadership skills
- Fully skilled welding and sheet metal fabrication background
- Knowledge of welder and welding safety standards
- Knowledge of welding inspection
Salary, Holiday Entitlement and Working Hours
- £34,000-£36,000 (dependent on experience)
- 28 Days Holiday, including Bank Holidays
7.30am - 4.30pm - Monday - Thursday
7.30am - 1.45pm - Friday
(Hours may fluctuate during busy periods)