Vacancy : Payroll Assistant
Location: Widnes , Cheshire (WA8 6AH)
Salary: £19,500 - £21,500 depending on experience and qualifications
Hrs : Full Time (Mon-Fri 08:30 - 17:30hrs)
Our Client, a well-established family run business, are looking to recruit a Payroll Assistant to join their vibrant team located within Widnes, Cheshire.
The overall purpose of the role will be able to provide support to the Payroll Manager and predominantly ensure that an effective and efficient payroll service is maintained.
As the Payroll Assistant your duties would be :-
The Payroll Assistant will have the following skills and experience:-
- Assisting in the processing of monthly payroll for all staff (approx. 150).
- Updating and maintaining holiday and absence calendars.
- Maintain training records and timetables.
- Prepare documentation for new starters/leavers to include contracts of employment, offer letters and supporting paperwork.
- Assist in basic HR queries and conduct research where necessary ensuring confidentiality and GDPR regulations are upheld at all times.
- Previous experience within a payroll function is essential.
- Knowledge of working with SAGE 50
- Any experience/knowledge of HR would be advantageous.
- Confident with Excel & Word.
- Ability to be an excellent team player in addition to working on own initiative.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
In return the successful candidate will receive a starting salary of £19,500 - £21,500K depending on experience.