Job Title: Crane Service Engineer (Electrical)
Location: Widnes, Cheshire (WA8)
Salary: £30K - £32K+ (depending on experience)
Contract Type: Permanent
Due to sustained and successful growth within the company, our client have an exciting opportunity for a Crane Service Engineer to join a leading manufacturing & servicing company
The successful candidate would be working on-site between the Crane Engineering and Electrical Installation Teams around the North West, as this role involves shop based installation and crane building as well as site servicing, repairs, and installation across varied industrial and commercial disciplines
In return, the successful candidate will receive:-
As a Crane Service Engineer, your duties will be:
- An attractive negotiable salary
- Opportunities to earn overtime
- Increases in annual leave with each year of service.
- Package inclusive of van, corporate clothing and mobile phone
An ideal Crane Service Engineer will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Have working knowledge of three phase induction motor electrical systems, including for older (DOL, star delta) and newer systems including PLC driven.
- Ideally be qualified and hold current 17th Edition (BS7671) qualification.
- Should have experience in testing of electrical installations and a qualification to C&G 2391 or equivalent an advantage
- Must have good working knowledge of variable speed drives both for installation / setup and fault finding.
- Must have experience of working at height with & with MEWPs (IPAF License an advantage)
- Must be prepared to travel the UK as some out of town work is required
- Must be able to manage deadlines and work as an individual as well as part of an installation team
- HNC in electrical engineering an advantage
- Siemens TIA portal experience an advantage
- PLC experience an advantage, specifically Siemens, Schneider, Mitsubishi, and Omron
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literate, especially with Microsoft packages.
- Excellent team player.
Normal working hours are Monday - Friday 08:00-16:30hrs, although flexibility is required dependant on nature of the contracted job.
Due to the nature of the role, applicants must have a full UK driving licence, and be prepared to travel as some out of town work is required.