Job Title: Quality Inspector
Location:- Wythenshawe, Manchester (M22)
Pay Rate: £8.66 p/hr + benefits
Contract Type: Minimum 3 month contract
Hrs :- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Inspector for a leading manufacturing company to be based on site, supporting the business in achieving business plan objectives.
In return you will receive Corporate perks which include discounted cinema tickets, shopping card, holiday bookings etc, Discounts on household appliances, a site bonus scheme, the option to buy and sell holidays and excellent pension and holidays scheme.
Your standard working hours will be 08:00-16:45 Monday-Thursday and 11:30am finish on Friday's, although there is flexibility to start earlier if preferred.
Job Purpose :-
Responsibility for the Quality Inspection of Electrical Distribution & Panel Boards and the detailed record keeping in addition to carrying out Goods-Inwards inspections of materials.
As a Quality Inspector your duties will be:
An ideal Quality Inspector will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Undertake inspections, taking guidance from the Assembly Work Instructions and to capture & report build non-conformances.
- Carry out Goods-Inwards inspections of products and production components inputting information into SAP against detailed Quality Plans.
- Support Quality Assurance of the site production operations in alignment with documented procedures & control mechanisms.
- Undertaking of any ad-hoc tasks at the instruction of Team Leader.
- Support production through the prompt clearance of goods deliveries through the relative SAP Quality Module.
- Experience of mechanical build and preferable to also have experience within quality control inspection.
- Ability to use basic inspection tools - torque driver, torque wrench, Vernier - use of basic hand tools.
- Ability to read & accurately interpret product / component specifications, drawings and product build assembly instructions down to component level.
- SAP experience would be advantageous.
- Logical, analytical approach with keen attention to specific detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, other departments & site leadership / management.