A European market leader in the management and recycling of industrial waste is seeking a Multi Skilled Fitter to join its expanding team based in Whitchurch, Shropshire.
As a Multi Skilled Electrical & Mechanical Fitter, your duties will include:
- Using a range of tools and engineering techniques to maintain and repair Electrical and Mechanical plant, machinery and equipment to operational standards.
- Using precision measuring instruments to check parts for accuracy and fit.
To be a successful Electrical and Mechanical Fitter you will have the following skills and experience:
- Hold a recognised time-served apprenticeship including City and Guilds, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Thorough understanding of common mechanical and electrical systems e.g. control panels, circuits, bearings
- Metal Fabrication and Welding MMA and MIG experience essential together with the ability to meticulously interpret engineering drawings.
- Excellent fault finding and diagnosis experience on heavy plant equipment.
- Hold a current Fork Lift Counter Balance Licence refreshed within the last three years.
The working hours for this vacancy will start on Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm but will move to a 4on4off, 2 days/2 night shift pattern so flexibility will be required.
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of circa £13 - £15.00 per hour (depending on experience) plus enhanced rates for over time.
This job is located in Whitchurch, Shropshire.
To apply for this vacancy please click Apply.
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering and Technical sectors.