An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Fabricator Welder (with maintenance experience) to work for a well-established Galvanizing business based in Walsall.
The role is to provide support and engineering expertise to the site's galvanising operation, but the successful candidate will spend a large amount of their time carrying out MIG and ARC Welding work. Working with the maintenance team, the role is to strengthen the department in achieving the following objectives:
• Ensuring that daily, weekly and monthly inspection and service tasks are carried out and relevant reports are up to date;
• Carry out route maintenance and general welding / fabrication tasks;
• Help to ensure that spares are ordered timely in order to effectively manage spare parts inventory so as to minimise downtime and cost;
• Help to ensure that work environment is safe for the work force;
• Adhere to an effective preventative maintenance program so as to reduce downtime and improve efficiency;
• Help to ensure timely assets updating and renewal.
Key Skills required for the role:
• Mechanical background;
• MIG and ARC welding experience;
• Some exposure to industrial environment and overhead crane systems is beneficial;
• Crane training;
• Rounded mechanical maintenance skillset with good welding / fabricating skills.
Working hours are 08:00 to 17:00 or 7:30 to 16:30 Mon to Fri with overtime working required on either Saturday or Sunday (paid at time & a half and double time respectively).
Basic salary will be c£30k with overtime paid for Saturday / Sunday working (giving OTE of £35k).The position is available for an immediate (or asap) start date.
This is a genuine Permanent position, but there may be a four week qualifying period required by the client.
Please click apply to submit your details or email your CV directly to steve.newey@Pertemps.co.uk alternatively call 0121 500 5161