Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Our client are a growing business who provide products and services for purification, separation and concentration in the processing of liquids and gases based in Tipton. They are looking to recruit an experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to carry out the tasks necessary to achieve the planned level of operational utilization, safety, building integrity, cost and machine efficiency. Maintain the production plant equipment and facilities and ensure that it's in a safe and efficient working order.
Working as part of a small team the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the plants manufacturing equipment and facilities and ensuring that it is in a safe and efficient working order by carrying out repairs of any plant breakdowns and carrying out pre-planned maintenance checks as necessary. The role will also involve project installations and assisting in the commissioning of new equipment.
The aim of this role is to:-
• Carry out effective preventative maintenance within the plant;
• React and repair to breakdowns within the plant;
• Calibrate instruments per manufacturer's recommended frequency;
• Develop strong relationships with local maintenance contractors and suppliers to ensure that spares and service are delivered in the shortest possible lead time;
• Maintain compliance with legislative and environmental requirements and ensure risk assessments have been utilised;
• Plan and coordinate the work in an effective manner which may require liaising with operators and or contractors to ensure efficient running of all plant and equipment;
• Work within the HSQE policies on site at all times.
The successful applicant will have:-
• Qualification in Mechanical and or Electrical Engineering;
• Be computer Literate;
• Good understanding of Safety procedures when fault finding and working with heavy industrial equipment;
• Good Awareness and respect of company safety and environmental policies and ISO procedures;
• Experience in heavy industrial plant environment;
• 5 years' experience within a maintenance team, with skills in, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Pneumatics, Combustion, Hydraulics and Instrumentation;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to teamwork with all on site;
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to stay organised and multi-task.
Salary of up to £32k dependent on experience, plus other benefits. Working hours – 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Thurs and 8:30am – 4:00pm Friday (37 hrs a week), with occasional weekend and evening call outs, to which you will be paid a separate call out rate.
Please click apply to submit your details or email your CV directly to email@example.com