Our client are a West Bromwich based Manufacturer of Air Induction Melted Ingots who are looking for an experienced Quality Manager. The role is to ensure that products and services meet all necessary requirements and the main goal is to ensure that their products and services are fit for purpose and fully meet or exceed customer requirements.
Responsibilities of the role:-
• Provide leadership and management of the current quality standards within the company e.g. IS0 9001:2015 and AS 9100 Revision D;
• Managerial oversight of all laboratory testing facilities .e.g. spectrograph, gas analyser, sample induction melting facility;
• Understand customer requirements to develop effective quality control processes;
• Devise and review specifications for products or processes;
• Supporting technical projects or programmes to improve procedures and or processes;
• Set requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitor their compliance;
• A good working knowledge of metallurgy;
• Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations;
• Oversee all product development procedures to identify deviations from quality standards;
• Approve the right products or reject defectives;
• Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis;
• Submit detailed reports to appropriate Directors and external audit bodies as required;
• Be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement and develop new efficient procedures.
Skills and Requirements:-
• Proven experience as quality manager;
• Conscientious and responsible;
• A keen eye for detail and a results driven approach;
• Outstanding communication skills;
• Excellent organisational and leadership skills;
• In depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant legal standards;
• Excellent maths abilities and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods.
Working hours are normal office hours (Mon to Fri) and the salary will be c£33-35k (dependent upon experience).
The position is available for an immediate (or asap) start date.
Please click apply to submit your details or email your CV directly to steve.newey@Pertemps.co.uk alternatively call 0121 500 5161