Our client are an established Waste Management business based close to Birmingham city centre who are looking for a HGV Mechanic to work as part of their Maintenance Team on their vehicles and plant.
Main duties and responsibilities:-
1. To maintain, inspect, repair and test the vehicles, trailers and/or plant and equipment;
2. Prepare, present and accompany all HGV vehicles for annual MOT inspections;
3. Carry out periodic safety inspections to all HGV vehicles to VOSA standards;
4. Carry out fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems;
5. To carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required;
6. To attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect repairs;
7. To complete associated paperwork and update workshop computer as necessary;
8. To ensure that all relevant legislation and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to;
9. To maintain work areas in a safe and clean condition;
10. To attend training courses linked to PDR reviews and service needs.
Experience, skills and qualifications:-
• Experience of working with all aspects of HGV and light commercial maintenance and repair, working on municipal vehicles and experience in welding;
• Knowledge of grounds maintenance equipment, workshop health and safety practises, hydraulics & 12/24v electrics;
• Effectively manage time and meet deadlines good standard of verbal & written communication;
• Ability to use computer systems;
• City & Guilds level 3, NVQ or equivalent;
• Qualified to VOSA standards for MOT class 4 & 7 inspections;
• Full driving Licence with category C entitlement.
Working morning (5:00am-3:00pm) and afternoon (2:00pm-10:00pm) shifts Monday to Friday , with rota for call outs.
This is a full time role with an immediate start available. The hourly rate is £14ph which equates to £26-£34k pa, depending on hours worked and candidates previous experience.
Please click apply to submit your details or email your CV directly to steve.newey@Pertemps.co.uk alternatively call 01384 211181