My Birmingham based client (B6) is currently recruiting a small team of fabricators for their busy production outfit, ideally with a background in the assembly of PVC glass panels. If candidates also have a background in handling and cutting aluminium beams, this would also be a great help.
The company is involved in the production of built-to-order door sets and structural projects, which require the use of a wide range of machinery and hand tools.
It would be highly advantageous if applicants come from a background in PVC or UPVC fabrication, building large-scale frames, door-sets or conservatory systems. However, the company does and will invest in training for those with slightly less practical experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to apply for a temp-to-perm position with a progressive manufacturing firm, with a view on learning skills across a wide range of industry specific machines, such as a 4-way welder, spinde moulders, grinding machines, and various types of saw.
Although there is no specific experience required, the following attributes would be highly advantageous:
- Ability to read/ work from basic technical drawings, in order to assist in the fabrication of parts before assembly takes place
- Ability to use a range of hand/air tools
- Some machine operating background, whether this robot welding, press machine work, saw operating or drilling machines
- Able to work closely as part of a team, building parts up on an assembly table
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Flexible in terms of working hours, adopting the ethic that there may not be a defined 'finish time' unless the projects have been completed
- Knowledge of PVC fabrication
- Ability to take pride in one's work, creating and assembling from raw materials through to completed product
Hours of work: 0700- 1600
Rate of pay: £7.50- £9.00 based on experience, with annual salary reviews available
Duration: Temp to perm assignment
If you feel that you have the relevent skills in fabrication or assembly, please click to apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org.