A Quality Engineer is required for an international 1st Tier supplier to the automotive industry.The Quality Engineer will help to continuously improve product quality, will be client and supplier facing and will involve elements of technical support.
- Representing the company in the event of quality issues being escalated by the customer and responsible for initiating corrective and preventative actions in order to support continuous supply to the customer.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure compliance and achievement of customer VRT/Warranty process.
- Liaising with Vehicle manufacturers throughout Europe in addition to extensive supplier interaction.
- Responsible for the data management of Quality documentation which includes: Control Plan, Process audits, Non-Conforming reports
- Responsible for submission of PPAP to customer requirements.
- Perform on-site verification and control of customer concerns.
- Warranty analysis, plant feedback and 8D reporting.
- Introduction of SPC throughout the shop-floor supported by training and monitoring.
- Supplier development, evaluating supplier PPAP process, implementing containment activities and overseeing 8D reports including TOPS 8D and cause & effect diagrams.
- Maintenance of quality department documentation to ISO TS16949 standards.
-The ideal candidate will be educated to a degree level, Sciences, Engineering and/or Mathematics, would be desirable. Manufacturing or Mechanical is preferred.
-Internal auditor qualification, PPAP, APQP and FMEA is essential.
-Internal computer applications with SAP, QIM, TTM, Flash Audits, Customer-Vision experience is essential, but experience with similar software would be considered.
-Strong IT skills, especially in Excel.
-Must have good interpersonal skills, have the ability to work under pressure and be able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity to join a market-leading, international company so if you have the required skills and experience, please apply immediately or call Karen on 0121 4564555 for more details.