Are you an experienced machine operator with a background in running Brake Press Machines? Easily accessible from the areas of City Centre, Castle Vale and Erdington , this is a long-term opportunity for candidates with a background in semi-skilled engineering, sheet metal work or presswork, is seeking two members of staff for an immediate start.
This is a large, successful manufacturing plant with an excellent reputation in custom-made cold-store units. They are seeking somebody on a long-term basis, with plenty of opportunity to work overtime both throughout the week and during the weekend. The Brake Press Operator must come with a minimum of 12 months experience in running machines, and will have at least a basic knowledge of technical drawings.
Daily responsibilities will include:-
- Acting as a brake press operator or equivalent (may also be known as a folding machine or industrial folder) meeting strict production targets
- Reading technical drawings and fabricating parts in accordance with these
- Using hand measuring equipment including verniers and calipers in order to test the widths and angles of each completed component
- Storing completed parts based on batch numbers- therefore a good attention to detail is required
- Liaising with the rest of the machine shop to ensure that there is an accurate completion time assigned to each batch of orders
In turn, the company will offer pay rates of £10 per hour once training has been undertaken. Overtime opportunities will be on offer for any hours completed over the weekend, resulting in an excellent overtime premium of £15 per hour.
In order to be successful in this position all applicants must possess the following:
- Experience or knowledge of brake press or CNC processes
- Basic understanding of working with technical drawings
- Proven background in working to strict production targets
- Ability to use hand measuring equipment on a daily basis
- Ideally with a background in sheet metal work and handling steel and aluminium components
If you feel that you hold relevant experience for our Brake Press Operator vacancy, please click below to apply email@example.com