Our client in North Bristol are recruiting for an Information and Communications Officer to join them on a temporary basis until 31st March 2021. Offering £13.91 per hour.
Purpose of the job
The overall purpose of the job is to create a more resilient woodland resource by enabling the forestry sector to protect, improve and expand England's woodland resource by:
- Providing efficient and proactive operational Information and Communications support within Forest Services
- Working closely with colleagues across Forest Services to support the production of high quality internal guidance and communications, and with the Defra Communications team to help deliver key external messages
- Managing internal communications channels to ensure information is available to the right people at the right time
- Developing new ways of communicating and delivering our messages both internally and externally, whilst maintaining consistency in the guidance that we produce.
Key Work Areas
- Produce regular internal communications
- Support the delivery of operational projects across the business as directed by Information and Communications Manager. Example projects may be, the implementation of a new online felling licence application system, establishment of Forest Services learning and development provision or the launch of new grant initiatives
- Coordinate website and intranet updates for Forest Services pages, ensuring that content is accurate, up to date and compliant with FC brand manual and document styles
- Support the wider change team in the transfer to GOV.UK and the development of the new intranet through content review and migration
- Lead review of Action Notes to ensure the information is current, converted to code or archived as necessary
- Support event planning for APF, to include logistics and coordination
- Support records management project in understanding what information FS holds and how that information is used
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues across Forest Services, Forestry Commission and other Defra group bodies to assist in the delivery of operational elements of communications campaigns
- Experience of working in a similar role with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of the communications landscape, and the role of digital communication in internal engagement.
- Demonstrable evidence of strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of delivering against competing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to influence others and lead by example.
If interested please send your CV to email@example.com