Health & Safety (HSQE) Coordinator
12 month Fixed Term Contract
Busy, well established manufacturing firm in Avonmouth has an opportunity for a Health and Safety (HSQE) Coordinator to join their busy team!
The starting salary is £25,000 - £28,000 per annum (depending on experience), and the working hours are Monday - Friday 08.00 - 16.00 with 30 mins for lunch unpaid.
Free parking is available, as well as 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and a pension scheme (3 % employee contribution) and life insurance with the opportunity for training and development.
The client would ideally like someone to start by early December but can be flexible.
The HSQE Coordinator will report directly to the HSQE Manager. The role will be office-based to assist the HSQE Manager in all aspects required to maintain the organisations accreditation to BS EN ISO 9001, 14001, and Achilles Verify B2 Audit Scheme. The role will also include integrating, managing, and improving the Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental practices into the current Management System. This is a busy and varied role which will require excellent communication!
We need you to have:
- Proven experience of a HSQE Coordinator ideally in a manufacturing environment
- ISO9001, 14001, 18001/45001 Experience
- Proven experience in driving changes and improvements
- Positive, friendly, driven attitude with an outgoing personality
- Able to communicate well with both shop floor and senior stakeholders alike.
- Set own high-quality standards, e.g. attention to detail
- Demonstrate a passion for Health, Safety, Quality and Environment
- Analytical skills to interpret detailed information and regulations
- Proficient with MS Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- NEBOSH Certificate/Diploma or equivalent
- CQI Certificate/Diploma in Quality Management
- Internal Auditor
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assist the HSQE Manager in the implementation and maintenance of the business management systems to ISO9001, 14001 and Achilles Verify B2 and ensure the proper implementation of all HSQE plans and procedures.
- Assist the HSQE Manager to implement an integrated management system to meet the requirements of ISO9001, 14001 and 45001.
- Assist in general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support HSQE management.
- Observe HSQE regulations, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
- Assist in the planning and monitoring the protective and preventative measures used by the company.
- Maintaining in-house training records with internal managers and maintain relevant HSQE logs and documentation.
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSQE training
- Observe HSQE regulations, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel
Specific Tasks to Include (not an exhaustive list)
- Complete/update external Pre-qualification Questionnaires and Participate in the Monthly safety inspection.
- Health and safety meetings - produce agenda & minutes. Input to the monthly HSQE report.
- Liaise with workshop regarding fire checks including fire doors (monthly) / fire alarms (weekly)/ fire extinguishers (monthly) / fire warden / fire drills.
- Arrange servicing for fire alarms & emergency lights and arrange servicing for security system.
- Training - arrange and maintain database.
- Carry out Internal Audits of the MS in line with the audit schedule
- Produce Method statements and Produce Risk Assessments
- Toolbox talks and COSHH Management
- Procedure writing and Maintain MIB - Root cause analysis - Investigation
- Process Improvement and Trend Analysis
If interested then please click apply or for more information please call Lucy at Pertemps Bristol 0117 9226500