MRP Application Engineer
046107842

£30,000 - £50,000 Per Annum

Full Time

Permanent

Birmingham, West Midlands

Engineering And Technical

Posted 22 days ago

Expires In 6 Days

Job Description

MRP Application Engineer

We are currently recruiting for MRP/ERP application engineers to join our well-established client who is part of a larger high-tech and global engineering company offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability, and sustainability.
Our client is the leading provider of innovative end-to-end CAD/CAM software solutions and looking to add to their team with MRP application engineers.

You will need flexibility of work locations with approximately 25% of your time will be on customers sites or in-person training. The remaining 75% of your time will be working from home. Because of this a full driving license is required.

This role is critical in ensuring the smooth integration and operation of our MRP system to optimize manufacturing processes, enhance productivity, and support business growth.

The ideal candidate:
  • A recent degree graduate or at least 2.5 years in a similar role within a manufacturing environment.
  • Technical problem solver looking to make an impact and grow a career.
  • Have an understanding and experience in a sheet/plate/tube manufacturing environment.
  • Will understand manufacturing departments including quotations, sales orders, planning, purchasing, production, quality management systems, material movement and cross-functional relationships between departments.
  • Will have a passion for providing superior customer service.

Responsibilities:
  • Technical Support: you will effectively meet MRP/ERP technical support needs and communicate solutions to end-users via telephone, e-mail, and the internet.
  • Training: you will provide training courses for our customers: onsite, at our in-house training facility, and over the internet.
  • Applications Engineering: you will get to travel to customer manufacturing facilities to install and implement our MRP software, including deploying shop floor-based products, you will assist the customer in tailoring the system to meet their manufacturing process, create reports and dashboards to extract data from the Microsoft SQL Database backend.
  • Demonstrations: you will provide technical sales support demonstration and competitive analysis (benchmarking).

Experience and Skills:
  • Mechanical and/or Manufacturing engineering experience, with a focus on MRP/ERP, full manufacturing process for a sheet metal fabrication and/or steel plate processing company.
  • Experience in multiple departments of a manufacturing company, understanding of all departments.
  • Experience using SQL in a job is essential.
  • Experience using a Report Writer is essential, experience creating dashboards is a plus.
  • Excellent communication and customer service skills.
  • Ability to work independently and/or part of a team, meeting multiple deadlines.
  • Ability to discuss possible options with a customer, analyse their requirements, configure their system, deploy, and test with the customer.
  • Ability to plan activities and carry them out effectively. Ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks and able to work to deadlines.
  • Good Logical thinking, applying Logic to solve a problem including use of Logic Diagrams.
  • Ability to travel to customers or training locations, this can be 25% to 75% of the time based on skills.
  • Strong Programming Skills in C# or Delphi.
  • Can Read and Edit G-code/M-code.

Qualifications:
  • Programming in a modern Language (C#, Delphi, VBA, JavaScript, Python etc.)

Preferred Qualifications:
  • An associate or bachelor's degree in engineering, IT or another technical field is preferred.
  • Microsoft Certified Professional.


Location: Remote with the ability to visit client sites as and when required. (Approx. 75% homeworking & 25% visiting customers or sites)

Salary: C£30k - £50k p/a.

If you wish to be considered for the position of MRP applications engineer, please apply now. We look forward to reviewing your application and CV.

Gregory Ward

Gregory.Ward@pertemps.co.uk

01384 455666

Division 046

Pertemps Dudley

Trafalgar House

King Street

Dudley

West Midlands

DY2 8PS

01384 211181

View Branch Details
Jobs With Pertemps

Recommended Jobs

Competitive

Daventry, Northamptonshire

Permanent

Posted 16 days ago

Ref 299100474

View Details

Engineer

RGB Network

£36,000 - £48,000 Per Annum

Frimley, Surrey

Permanent

Posted 29 days ago

Ref 1035454

View Details

£35,000 - £40,000 Per Annum

Melksham, Wiltshire

Permanent

Posted 22 days ago

Ref 223203816

View Details