Assistant Merchandise Planner
£25-28,000 per annum
We have an exciting opportunity to join a successful team and play a pivotal role within the business. They own and generate accurate sales volume forecasts and intake plans for each Product group within the company, coordinating inputs from Buyers and Suppliers. The management of stock within company guidelines is key to maximise sales potential and minimise stock holding.
The role will work closely with the Merchandise Planners but also the trading and imports teams. You will support the delivery of all Merchanise Planning KPI's as well as support with regular and effective communications with suppliers, generate reports, sales and stock analysis.
• Support Merchandise Planner with forecasts for sales volume taking inputs from trading teams for promotions, new ranges and seasons.
• Support Merchandise Planner to manage stock intake plans to deliver sales.
• Support Merchandise Planner with management of all aspects of Merchandise Planning KPI's including Store Availability; stock holding; stock turn; OTB; forecast accuracy; DC capacity.
• To assist the management of inventory to agreed stock budgets and within OTB
• Make recommendations to the Merchandise Planner when day to day stock issues arise, and on under/over performance
• To work cross functionally with relevant departments, e.g space planning; digital; retail operations etc.
• Support with range reviews and promotions to ensure all are landed in store, on time and to plan
• Support Merchandise Planner with clearance of Obsolete and redundant stock
• Day to day contact for suppliers
• Run category reports for use by Merchandise Planning team
If you can demonstrate that you have worked in a similar role then please send your CV to email@example.com We are looking for previous merchandise planning experience, experience working in a fast paced environment and working to strict kpi's. We need people who are quick process driven and analytical who are good at problem solving and prioritising their own workload.