Our client based in Bridgend is looking for an experienced Education and Enforcement officer for an immediate start temporary assignment until March 2022. The successful candidate must have a Full UK driving licence with access to a vehicle.
Working within the Waste team you will support the mobilisation and ongoing delivery of the waste services contract and provide education and enforcement functions across the waste and cleaner streets service areas.
Your duties will include:-
- Provide advice, education, and participate in exhibitions and presentations to the public and householders, which support recycling and waste minimisation along with responsible dog ownership, anti-litter and fly tipping campaigns.
- Initiate projects to address waste/recycling issues and cleaner communities.
- Coordinate activities with the waste contractor to resolve waste issues and problems as they arise.
- Carry out investigations and enforcement operations in line with Police and Evidence Act (PACE), relevant environmental legislation and strategies, relating to waste, litter, fly tipping, flyposting and dog fouling. Issue Statutory Orders and Fixed Penalty Notices.
- Monitor the performance of the waste services contract reporting any issues to the Waste Services Contract Monitoring Officer.
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance of the Waste Services Contract with regard to working methods covering staff, equipment, and vehicles through regular monitoring and inspection regimes.
The successful candidate must have:-
- Experience of report writing
- Experience of criminal law enforcement, including PACE procedures
- Experience of working within a cleansing role and an understanding of the importance of a clean environment
- Possessing a high degree of discretion and able to work with confidential matters.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team environment
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritise and to meet deadlines
- Full driving licence and access to a car.