An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Gear Cutter to join a large expanding team within a precision engineering company in the Blaby area of Leicester. For this role you will have gear cutting experience.
The role is offered on a Permanent basis.
As the Gear Cutter your duties will include:
- Operating a Manual Gear Cutting machine.
- Operating a Fellows Shaping machine.
- Read Machining instructions or work plans to determine machine settings, fixtures and hobs to use.
- Install specified tooling and combinations of change gears to provide feeds and speeds compatible with gear sizes, material variations and cutting or hobbing conditions.
- Mount and secure gear blanks on arbors or fixtures; orient teeth to establish reference starting points.
- Set feed rates and rotation speeds of hob and work piece according to machining instructions.
- Operate gear hobber or shaper cutter; make adjustments as needed. Add a flow of coolant to process to maintain the proper temperature of the work piece. Frequently operate multiple gear hobbing machinery.
- Make hob and cutter changes on standard operations with standard tooling.
- Notify supervisor of any machine or quality problems.
- Maintain gear hobbing and shaper cutting equipment; perform preventive maintenance as needed.
- Follow all clean up and housekeeping procedures. Comply with all quality and safety regulations.
To be a successful Gear Cutter you will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience within a production or like environment;
- Proven experience using a Gear Cutter and various machinery.
As a Gear Cutter you will be expected to work Monday - Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm and Friday 07.30 - 12.30.
Lots of Overtime is available and the client is looking for a candidate interested in the role Long Term.
The Role is paying £24,000 - £25,000 per annum.