Mathematics Lecturer - GCSE
We are looking for a qualified Mathematics Teacher/Lecturer to join an Ofsted rated 'Good' College based in Warwickshire.
In this role you will be supporting and teaching students who have previously achieved grade 4 at GCSE to gain a grade 5 or 6 qualification as part of their study programme. Working full time you will be responsible for duties including:
- Preparing and delivering material and content for the Maths curriculum, including assessments
- Ensuring students are prepared for their GCSE exams, supporting them through the course
- Supporting with the study programme delivery across the college sites, ensuring a high standard of maths delivery
- Fully engaging learners to drive their understanding and enthusiasm for Maths
- Working with the curriculum lead to develop and oversee pre GCSE entry assessments
- Actively contributing to staff, department, and team meetings
In return, the college is offering a salary of £32,000-36,000 as well as 39 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and other benefits.
The ideal candidate would have the ability to motivate students to maximise their learning potential, as well as the ability to work as part of a team to shape the department.
Skills and experience required for the GCSE Mathematics Lecturer:
- A degree (or equivalent) in a related subject
- You must be a fully qualified Mathematics teacher with a PGCE or DET
- Have a passion for Maths and the ability to share this with students
- GCSE Maths and English grade A*-C
- Vocational experience of delivering Mathematics GCSE qualifications in a school or college
If you would like to know more about the role please contact Charlotte Gower at Pertemps in Newcastle on 01912557900 or at email@example.com