An experienced Assistant Buyer required on a 3 month Temporary contact.
As a member of the Purchasing Team you will report to the Procurement manager.
- To conduct Requests for Information (RFI) and deliver Requests for Quotations (RFQ), using the approved procurement software, and therefore deliver savings for the Trust ensuring best value for money is achieved.
- Key Result Areas:
- To ensure Requests for Quotations (RFQs), requisitions and purchase orders are completed using the appropriate procurement software,
- To deliver savings to the Trust, using RFQ's and during negotiations with suppliers to meet operational delivery needs
- To provide end users with guidance and helpdesk support
- To expedite and chase late, absent or shortages from suppliers against purchase orders
- Sound basic education with certificates in English and Maths or equivalent
- 1 years' experience in similar Purchasing or procurement environment.
- Experience in a Purchasing P2P Software and processes.
- Conducting Requests for Quotations (RFQ)
- Expediting and progressing deliveries to arrive on time
- Negotiating with suppliers on delivery and ensuring orders are placed in a timely fashion
- Negotiation Skills
- Good keyboard skills
- Excel and Word
- Good telephone manner
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to understand and work to deadlines
Please call direct on 01332 363000 or click to apply