Job type: Full time, permanent
Requirement: Monday - Friday
Salary: £21,000 - £22,000
MUST HAVE: Full clean driving licence.
Purpose of Role
Provide after sales investigation into customer invoice queries in order to offer effective resolution. Working alongside your team colleagues to deliver a professional, credible and timely service which supports the needs of customers, finance and operations teams. Supporting the delivery of an effortless customer experience in line with the company strategy.
The role will be responsible for;
- Resolving customer account queries mainly internal in a prompt and accurate manner
- Handling all relevant queries in adherence to company policies, processes and system requirements. For example: quantity, product, stock, invoices, POD`s, returns handling and any other general enquiry.
- Ensuring that all credit notes raised and approved adhere to sales and pricing policies, including discount levels.
- Ensuring that all queries are entered onto the business system, using the appropriate method, whilst maintaining effective and professional communication via relevant stakeholders.
- Liaising with customers to gain further details of queries, using effective and professional communication skills to manage the query to an effective resolution.
- Working with the Branches / Customer, Credit Control, Customer Services team and Operational Administration teams where necessary to resolve any issues.
- Ensuring all customer complaints are dealt with through the customer feedback process and escalated where necessary.
- Maintaining appropriate record systems, complying with document retention and data protection requirements.
Supporting as / where necessary in line with business requirements to reduce aged debt.
Periodically travelling to different branch locations within the UK to support in the resolution of queries.
Credit and Collections team
Customer Service function
External sales teams
Experience and Knowledge:
- Previous experience of working in customer service or query resolution is preferable, with any credit control experience an added benefit.
- Knowledge and understanding of administrative processes relating to customer service / query resolution.
- Experience in analysing and processing large volumes of data.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good decision making and influencing skills.
Flexible with working hours to ensure deadlines are met.
Willing to travel, including very occasional overnight stays across the UK.