Pertemps are recruiting for an HR Specialist to work on an assignment at our well known Public Sector client based in Edinburgh.
£ 37,418.00 - 45,241.00 per annum
Starting ASAP for 6 Months
37 hours per week
Working from home for the foreseeable
- Providing support in the design and development of new HR processes and policies, as well as scoping key HR and payroll shared service requirements.
- Working with internal colleagues, including the Public Appointments Team, to recruit and appoint a chair and board for the new public body.
- Working with internal colleagues, including our HR Business Partner, to scope our approach to building a new division - designing structure and plans to recruit a range of case-workers.
- Working collegiately with the established Sponsorship Team, Programme Management Office and other members of the new Workforce Team.
- Providing written and verbal updates to the Unit Head, in order to inform project updates to governance boards.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to progress and align your work
- Supporting Programme Management Office in its refinement of delivery timeframes, issues and risk.
- Experience of taking an organised approach to recruitment and development of staff, including development of job descriptions and person specifications, shortlisting, interviewing, appointment/ on-boarding, induction and training.
- Experience of developing and implementing new (or improving existing) corporate HR policies, including giving advice to non-HR specialists and senior leaders to help them understand best practice and relevant legislation.
- Experience of developing training programme, including staff induction, handbook and induction.
- Commitment to promoting equality and diversity, ensuring this is embedded in the culture of organisations and teams.
If you have the relevant experience and are looking for a new opportunity please apply now.
Due to the sensitive nature of the role you will need to apply for a basic disclosure Scotland at the cost of £25.