Pertemps Scotland Ltd are working with our client in Edinburgh to recruit for a Programme Manager in the Public Sector on a temporary basis for 3 Months with potential extension.
Due to current circumstances this role will be based remotely.
Day rate: £310 (Inside IR35)
The main duties would be:
- Manage a programme of work delivering projects to the organisation and its customers in support of Health and other Public Sector strategies in Scotland
- Provide internal consultancy on programme management and facilitate delivery of continuous and quality improvement techniques across the organisation
- Deliver the strategic direction by influencing stakeholders and leading the definition, development and implementation of major programmes delivering that mission
- Influence national strategies and modernisation initiatives and identify synergistic opportunities, which drive best value
- Work with strategic programme stakeholders to successfully drive and manage substantial change programmes through a world-class programmes management framework to deliver outcomes and benefits to the required level of quality, on time and within budget
- Managing the constantly evolving, high profile and high cost and high benefit strategic and business critical change programmes across an organisation of significantly specialised and unique functions
- Maintaining a clear focus on the organisational impact of the vast array of complex change initiatives to ensure the multiple, potentially contentious interdependencies are managed successfully
- Constructing pragmatic proposals for developing new initiatives that balance innovation and excellent modern methods within the resources available, and that have a clear change management plan
- Promoting the corporate benefits of such programmes to staff across the organisation and sustaining that support throughout the life of each programme.
- Educated to degree level with a post graduate or professional qualification in a relevant area of knowledge
- Significant demonstrable experience in using a wide range of competencies such as project, programme, risk, change and people management in an organisational development setting within both public and private sectors, taking account of the cultural and environmental issues that will impact on their application
- Programme and Project Management qualifications including PRINCE 2, MSP or similar
- Significant complex programme experience at manager level, covering at least one specialist area (e.g. Health, Clinical, Operational, Business) managing activities and outcomes to required standards.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of the cultural evolution and prevailing situation in a range of organisational and specialist disciplines.
- Skilled in EFQM, Six SIGMA, Lean SIGMA and associated quality and process improvement techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering quality improvement initiatives e.g. the ability to analyse and redesign business processes to make best use of the people involved and enabling this with new technology as appropriate.
- Effective leadership skills. Ability to lead and create a clear common purpose amongst the members of the sub-project teams
- Experience of using information for management purposes and in setting and monitoring targets and performance indicators
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures and effective financial management skills
- Evidence of excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Experience of chairing meetings.
- Experience of change management and the use of skills to facilitate change.
- Experience and knowledge of delivering effective customer-orientated services
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems