Public Lighting Operative
Pertemps Scotland are working with our public sector client to recruit for Public Lighting Operatives to work in the Edinburgh area
Location - Edinburgh
Hours - Mon to Thurs 07.30 - 15.45 & Friday 07.30 - 12.15
Rate of Pay - £11.75
3 month assignment with possible extension
You will carry out a range of tasks associated with the maintenance and construction of public lighting installations.
Duties to include:
- Installation of lighting columns, cable and ducting and other street furniture
- Installation/replacement of lanterns, lamps, brackets, system controllers and control gear
- Energising/switching of lamps
- Inspection and cleaning of street furniture and the maintenance of lighting equipment (e.g. by renewing lamp fuses, resetting circuit breakers and time-clocks, dressing and painting lighting furniture, minor repairs to lighting equipment)
- Providing general support and assistance to other lighting operatives, electricians and staff
- Valid IPAF certificate
- Valid Streetworks Card
- Valid driving licence (preferably C1 with no more than 6 points)
- Knowledge of traffic management arrangements to Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs Manual and ERS' Safe Working Methods.
- Knowledge of using IT devices such as tablets
- Excellent knowledge of driving around Edinburgh
If you are interested in this role, please send your updated CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via this advert.