Pega Technical Lead
Pertemps Scotland are recruiting a Pega Technical Lead within the Public Sector for 6 Months with potential of extension. Edinburgh based (Office / home working can be discussed)
Day rate: £420 - £520 (Outside IR35)You will be responsible for:
- Lead the development and support of the technical solutions that:
- Provide advanced search and workload reporting.
- Delegate the QA configuration to a self-service portal.
- Simplify the Security model.
- Investigate the possibility of migrating old cases into the accelerated registration process.
- Produce a plan for the next platform upgrade
- Lead the continued development and support of Land Registration products in line with the product and architecture roadmaps
- Collaborating with colleagues from Product Management and Service Design to prioritise the backlog by providing insight into the architectural roadmap and the technical benefits that changes will achieve
- Technically lead the development team in both their tactical and strategic work to ensure the team delivers a cohesive solution that is well-architected and designed in line with the organisations engineering principles and best practices.
- Engage with the wider communities of practice and interest to share knowledge, technique, and experience Requirement for Pega development services
- Commercial experience with Pega 8
- Commercial experience in the following areas:
- Technically leading a high performing, Pega development team.
- Delivering high quality software collaboratively in high performing, Pega development teams.
- Designing, gaining consensus, and implementing technical solutions for software development projects
- Ability to work with business stakeholders, to understand the context, and to focus on delivering value.
- Introduction of new or improved processes in development environments
- Incrementally replacing enterprise legacy systems
- Experience working in the Agile delivery models - such as Scrum and/or Kanban frameworks.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills
- Enthusiastic about making excellent quality products with other people.
- Be an advocate for the team, when you see a process that could be improved with a BPM solution.
- Commercial experience with:
- Java or other object-oriented programming language.
- Automation testing with Cypress
- Modern DevOps and CI/CD practices including deployment pipelines, such as
- Jenkins, GitLab and GroovyKnowledge of earth observation, forestry and/or natural environment data and domains.
- Experience with desktop and server-based GIS software packages and databases such as ESRI.