Our client, a highly respected public sector organisation based in Glasgow, require a Secretarial Administrator a temporary basis. The salary for the role is £10.94 per hour. This is a part-time position working two days per week, ideally Thursday and Friday but could be flexible. Hours of work are 9.00am to 5.00pm (14.8 hours per week).
A minimum Basic Disclosure issued within the last 12 months is a requirement for this role.
Main purpose of role:
To provide an efficient Secretarial and Administrative service.
- Handle copy and audio typing for Solicitors' letters, reports, court forms etc
- Handle telephone calls on behalf of Solicitors in their absence, record and pass on any messages
- Taking incoming telephone calls and diverting calls as appropriate
- Maintaining petty cash system to pay day-to-day minor outlays and accounting for the same
- Receive incoming mail, sort and prioritise for Solicitors attention
- Operate fax machine to send and receive urgent information as required
- Maintain file/correspondence control system so that information held is up-to-date and may be readily retrieved
- Inputting client and case details on to the PDSO computer system
- Operating various diaries for cases and solicitor's workloads etc.
- Receiving visitors, and referring clients to solicitors etc.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Good audio and copy typing skills (minimum 40 w.p.m)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner
- Knowledge of filing and diary systems
- Experience of accessing and updating databases and/or case management systems
- Ability to work alone with minimum supervision