Our client, a highly respected Public Sector establishment, based in Glasgow City centre, require a Correspondence and Briefing Officer on a temporary basis until August 2018 with a possible extension. The salary for the position is £14.57 per hour, working Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm.
A minimum Basic Disclosure Scotland certificate issued within the last 12 months is a requirement of the role.
Main purpose of role:
You will provide a key role within the Administration Team contributing to the corporate objectives of the Agency.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Manage high levels of correspondence
- Prepare Ministerial, Chief Executive, and general correspondence replies
- Prepare Parliamentary Questions, First Minister Question Briefings, Event Briefings, speaking notes and Operational Policy Submissions concerning road safety aspects on trunk roads and motorways
- Manage the Ministerial & Chief Executive Correspondence Commitments Registers for SRS. Updating and monitoring commitments and attending meetings to discuss updates
- Assist with the wider work of the Safety and Development section
- Relevant experience gained in a similar role
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience in drafting Ministerial submissions/event briefings, PQ's and FMQ's
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to deal with senior managers and Ministerial Private Office
- Able to produce detailed briefings and manage a high correspondence workload
- Excellent organisational skills and able to manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines
- Able to quickly develop a high level of responsibility, and have the drive, motivation and commitment required to meet objectives
- A flexible approach with the ability to respond effectively to tight deadlines