Our public sector client, based in the Govan area of Glasgow, require a number of staff to join their cleaning team for a temporary period of two weeks initially, with a potential extension. Rate of pay will be £8.75 p/h.
Applicants must be available to cover one of the following shift patterns:
1) 7.00am - 3.00pm Mon - Fri
2) 7.00am - 3.00pm Sat & Sun
3) 11.00am - 7.00pm Mon - Fri
4) 11.00am - 7.00pm Sat & Sun
Tasks will include:
- Manually cleaning large areas involving floor maintenance with mops / brushes etc, - Undertaking high & low dusting
- Moving various pieces of light furniture on a routine basis to clean behind then
- Cleaning involves both wet & dry practices
- Operating a variety of floor cleaning equipment - buffers / hand propelled and ride-on floor machines.
- Following specific schedule of work relating to defined areas although a flexible approach to daily routine will be required
- Economic and safe use of cleaning agents, following manufacturers recommended instructions
- Care and use of mechanical cleaning equipment
- Informing Supervisor of requirements for work materials and checking delivery of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Wearing protective clothing as supplied
- Complete all daily/weekly sign off sheets for areas of work
- Disposal of waste in accordance with relevant Policy
- Cleaning crockery, cutlery, utensils, containers and small scale equipment manually or through the dish washer
- Comply with Infection Control Guidelines including colour coding system
- Participate in maintaining security at all times including setting alarms, distributing keys, closing windows and doors securely
- Comply with Health & Safety regulations
- Adhere to manual handling/risk assessment/fire safety training.
- May be required to assist in the movement of goods as required
** DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS ROLE, APPLICANTS MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT AND ENERGETIC IN ORDER TO MEET THE DEMANDS OF THE JOB **
Previous cleaning experience in a similar environment would be an advantage but experience of general cleaning is essential.