Our client, who is based in the Public Sector, has a requirement for a Payroll Assistant. This is a temporary role and is based in the Hamilton area. This attracts a pay rate of £9.80 per hour. Working hours are Mon-Thurs 8.45 am -4.45 pm and Friday 8.45 am -3.30 pm.
- To input non-recurring payroll data (Overtime, Detached Duties, RDS payments and Expenses etc) within strict deadlines.
- Review payroll reports for accuracy of data input.
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Communicate effectively and liaise with other payroll team members.
- Carry out any other duties consistent with the post as may be required by the Payroll Administrator.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and to tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages.
- Experience of handling personal and confidential date and an understanding of data protection.
- Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
Working knowledge of iTrent or similar HR/Payroll system.
Knowledge of financial rules, procedures and regulations.
Experience of working within a Payroll Function.