Our client, who is based in the Public Sector, has a temporary requirement for a Communications Officer. This role is based in Glasgow City Centre. The rate of pay will be £15.02 per hour.
Pertemps is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
This role requires a current Disclosure Scotland issued within the last 12 months.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Collating and analysing information or data on key communication activities and enquiries, submitting and presenting results in a written report or presentation.
- Third party management in relation to communication events and activities
- Research and co-ordination of press releases and photo calls
- Update, monitor and respond to social media in a timely and engaging fashion
- Draft and distribute press releases
- Undertake monthly media monitoring
- Liaison with press and media
- Publish and administer on website
- Contribute to and attend cabinet launches
- Undertake all administration in accordance with the role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to deal with senior managers and Ministerial Private Office
- Able to collate and analyse data and present results
- Excellent organisational skills and able to manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines
- Excellent written communications skills and able to produce internal and external briefings, communications, newsletters etc
- Able to quickly develop a high level of responsibility, and have the drive, motivation and commitment required to meet objectives