Our client, a highly respected Public Sector establishment, based in Glasgow City centre, require an Executive Officer. This is a temporary role for approximately 12 months. The salary for the position is £15.02 per hour. Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm.
A minimum Basic Disclosure Scotland certificate issued within the last 12 months is a requirement of the role.
Main purpose of role:
To provide support to the Senior Delivery Manager on a wide range of activities associated with the Switched on Towns and Cities Challenge Fund.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Review and updating of Challenge Fund application / guidance materials
- Development and implementation of an effective promotion strategy and launch of round 2 of the SoTC Challenge Fund
- Coordination of round 2 assessment panel / decision making process
- Oversight of supported projects involving quarterly monitoring of progress against agreed deliverables, financial performance and payment of grant
- Inputting into overall Directorate management reporting/governance systems, including finance / risk reporting
- Engagement with Energy Saving Trust and local authorities to ensure effective delivery of SoTC feasibility studies and project monitoring and evaluation plans
- Responding to MACCS / PQs and identifying and taking forward Ministerial engagement / opportunities to positively promote the Challenge Fund
- Relevant experience gained in a similar role ideally within the public sector
- Experience of working within a project delivery environment
- Excellent Interpersonal and both written and verbal Communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills and familiarity with MS Office packages
- Able to work flexibly and effectively under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative